Membership – Join Us!
Our new Fiscal year begins July 1st! You are welcome to join by either mailing a check with the membership form, or online using the following links:
New July 1st 2022: Click here to join or renew AAC membership online! (Museum membership at the Supporter/$100 level is required). If you are tired of renewing, sign up for a recurring membership and we'll take care of it every year!
In addition to donating with your membership, please consider donating to one (or all) of the Asian Funds now! (you do not have to be a member to donate):
Click here: Asian Art Conservation Fund
Click here: Asian Art Exhibition Support Fund
Click here: Asian Art Acquisition Fund
Of the holdings of the Museum’s permanent collection almost 50% consists of Asian objects spanning many cultures, historical periods and media. The ongoing gallery rotations from the permanent collection, coupled with periodic special exhibitions, provide a rich, stimulating and diverse visual experience for members and guests. The benefits provided to members of the AAC enhance this experience in the following ways:
- Our meetings feature programs by visiting scholars chosen to expand our experience and knowledge of objects in our collection, an exhibition, artist, medium or historical period. Click here for our lectures calendar.
- Opportunities to socialize with refreshments are scheduled at least twice a year.
- Members have an opportunity to join with others interested in an in depth study of topics related to Asian art with monthly presentations by Study Group members. Click here for the Study Group calendar
- Curator led tours of exhibitions
- AAC contributes to the support of cultural programs at the Museum that our members may attend free or for a reduced fee.
- We organize visits to Southern California institutions, museums, and private collections as well as travel to other museums of Asian interest around the nation. Click Tours/Activities to see current programs.
- We offer programs of dance and music in support of Museum exhibitions;
- We publish an informative monthly newsletter. Click to request an email copy of the newsletter.
The fee for all this is only $50 per year ($75 for a dual membership) after joining The San Diego Museum of Art at the Supporter membership level or above.